www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so...how can I figure out what is my firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiroober
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: so...how can I figure out what is my firmware? Reply with quote

ok, so I'm also one of the idiots who accidentally plug in a wrong power cord to my 160G Maxtor hard drive (DiamondMax Plus 9)...

It definitely fries one or more chips on the logic board. I've read the admin's sucessful story and also some other posts here. Plus that wonderful site http://www.softcom.com.my/. One thing I haven't worked out is that where should I look at to find my firmware? Sorry for the stupid question, but even I check it out here and here, I just ended up getting confused coz they looked totally different.

What kind of model/code that needs to be exactly same as the swap board and what can be ignored?

Here's both sides of my poor Maxtor:

plz help...I really appreciate it.[/url]
djdanger
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the important numbers are YAR41BW0 and L3FYA these should match on any replcement bit.
hiroober
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdanger wrote:
the important numbers are YAR41BW0 and L3FYA these should match on any replcement bit.

Oh my god....there's finally somebody posted a reply....THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Very Happy

So I guess that YAR41BW0 is the firmware, but will you please tell me what sort of code is this L3FYA? I found a very close match. The firmware exactly matches mine, but the code is L6FYA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: