www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your talents paid off BIGTIME!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Your talents paid off BIGTIME! Reply with quote

At first, I was a bit skeptal, but figured had nothing to lose, except hundreds if not thousands of dollars on a data recovery rip-off place.

My Seagate 80 GIG drive crashed - actually I crashed it because of being in a hurry trying to put my system back together. I tried to force the power cable into the drive, but is was backwards. that was the end of that. Then I stumble onto this website and said, Oh yes, MUST give this a try.

Went to Ebay and found anohter used 80 gig and all the firmware dates and codes on the label matched....well... almost.

I just got the drive shipped to me today from the win on Ebay. Swapped out the logic board, after closely looking to make sure all looked correct.

Pluged it in (correctly this time) and the drive spooled up PERFECTLY!!!!

I was so thankful .. had years of data, pics, music and ohter stuff that eventually I may have even paid to someone to get that data back.

Instead, for a winning bid of $26 for the drive and $5 to ship, am now 100% back in business again.

Nev - you are a genius for thinking of this. I knew I only had maybe a 1 in 3 chance of it working, but works PERFECTLY.

My most humlbe thanks!

Bill
N. Texas area
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: