www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hard drive is deader than a doornail and I think I killed it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flygirl2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: hard drive is deader than a doornail and I think I killed it Reply with quote

sigh.

it was acting funny all week and instead of doing the smart thing (backup photos and music) I just would turn it back on again. this happened daily for a week - I'd get home from work and it was off for no reason.

then, it would freeze up! so I'd have to flip the power switch. you know, the surge protector switch?

it would work ok then freeze. the day I killed it I had to reboot it like this (power switch) like 5-6 times. the last time it started squealing like a stuck pig. then, nothing would work.

my friend Mark who is really computer literate said none of his systems will even recognize it. none of them. he said:

" XP Pro says its unreadable, Win 2K won't even recognize it, the system BIOS says it's corrupt, and I put it in an external housing and tried to hook it up via USB, and the system wouldn't recognize it."

can anyone help me please? muchas gracias
flygirl
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: oops, that was me, it didn't log me in so I was a guest? Reply with quote

sorry to re-post. I wanted to make sure my real name came up so I'd get the email replies. doh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: