www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi Deskstar 200GB IDE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilhd
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Hitachi Deskstar 200GB IDE Reply with quote

Hello all.. I came across this site in search of help on getting data back after a HDD failure. Few months ago one of the PINs on my deskstar drive got broken off and it stopped working in that event. It wouldn't power up, spin or anything. Well I got to thinking and came up with the idea to go on ebay and get the same model drive and try a logic board swap. Took me a few losses on ebay before I finally got one, but I got it in the mail today. Well I removed the old logic board and added the "new" one. Got very nervous.. plugged everything up as it had been before the pin broke, turned the PC on and I could hear the drive spinning up! Once in the BIOS though.. it didn't show up. Once I boooted into windows and opened up Disk Management, nothing there either. Sad
If I touch the drive, I can feel it spinning/running, so I am sure I can recover the data, I just have to figure out how. (without paying some company a years pay for it) So.. anyone out there know something I might be able to try?

Drive: Hitachi Deskstar 200GB IDE 7200RPM
Model: HDS722525VLAT80
Part #: 14R9203

Also.. the stickers/boards look pretty much the same. Only two differences I see.
1) The month/year on original drive is OCT-2003, new one is APR-2004
2) The new board is a bit lighter green in color.

Thanks for reading and for any info you have! ; )
Chuggernaut
Posted once

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: re: Hitachi Deskstar 200GB IDE Reply with quote

I have the same drive, model and p/n. Difference is mine is from MAR-2004. I'm wondering if you ever got it to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: