www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my samsung 80GB is dead. I think the problem is the motor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
congrio7
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: my samsung 80GB is dead. I think the problem is the motor Reply with quote

I was working fine for the first two years but then it broke down. I only plugged another hd (like other much times).

I think the problem is the motor, don't spin the disk platters. Here I have other equivalent HD, but this work right. The difference is when the power is on,
the wrong HD makes a initial noise and nothing more, except a periodic cliking noise of 3'5 seg. of duration (1 seg. silent - 3'5 noise - and so on) . On the other hand, the right HD makes the same initial noise and then its motor starts to run and so on.

(Changing the board don't help).

Excuse me for my poor english.

El problema creo que es de motor, no giran los platos, tengo aqui otro disco duro equivalente que funciona bien. Y la diferencia es que el roto cuando le llega la corriente hace un ruidillo inicial y ahi se queda, excepto que se oye un leve sonido de 3'5 seg. de duracion cada 1 seg.. En el que funciona bien, se oye ese mismo ruidillo y a continuacion empieza a girar el motor y ya pues tira pa'lante.P.S. He pasado la prueba del ?ndice de inteligencia. 119 recibidos en esta prueba. Descubrir si eres m?s inteligente que m?) iqtesting.info/iqtest.zip
________
vaporizer guide

Last edited by congrio7 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
shaggydog0
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Non-spinning SP1604N HDD Reply with quote

I recently had the same thing occur to my HDD. SP1604N. I read of a guy who replaced his logic board on a differnt brand HDD and it worked for him. Did you try that? Did you ultimately solve the problem or retrieve your data without having to engage a recovery company? I call one near me and they seem very competent and they do government work but they charge between $600 and $1000 for the recovery. A lot of money for some photos, videos and MP3s. I guess this is a good lesson back up, then back up again on a redundant back up. My experience now is you can never be too safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: