www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seagate woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordo
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: seagate woes Reply with quote

have seagate 120gb drive that started making clicking sound so tranfered files to boot drive.after that seagate drive quit making noise and was filling up boot drive,so transfered files back,big mistake,drive dies .it was under warranty but is has all my driver files and software that isnt on the internet anymore. read your forum and started looking on ebay for replacement drive with 8.01 firmware from tiawan.found one that looked like it and bought without knowing firmware number.bought second drive with firmware 8.54.first one turned out to be correct firmware,so tried it in my drive.no luck,even after freezing.recieved second drive (8.54)and discovered that one had a bad board.stuck my board from my original drive(8.01)in it and it works in the 8.54 drive.now when computer boots it reports a 8.54 drive instead of 8.01.

Part2
bad news.the drive with the 8.54 firmware worked with 8.01 board for reading only.i was able to read and run the exe files on the drive.decided to format it with partition magic 7 and thats when i found the problem.it did something to the drive and now bios sees the drive but windows scandisk locks up not allowing me to boot up windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: