www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigRay
Posted once

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: help!! Reply with quote

hey,new to the forums.heres my story.i installed my new motherboard last friday and had all kinds of problems with it.couldnt get into windows with more than 1 stick of ram installed and so i finally figured it out.had to turn up the voltage.well now if i have my seagate 400 gig hard drive hooked up.i cant get into windows.makes a couple silent clicking noises and then stops.and im stuck at a black screen.i restart go into my bios and the drive is there.but i cant get into windows.now i dont know if my hard drive is fried or what.would anyone be able to help me out here? i have alot of stuff,hard to find stuff on this drive that i NEED to have.any info would be appreciated! thanks..

also when first installed windows and actually got into windows.hard drive did work.but then this just started happening the other night after i formatted my main drive.
hddstudio
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: help!! Reply with quote

BigRay wrote:
hey,new to the forums.heres my story.i installed my new motherboard last friday and had all kinds of problems with it.couldnt get into windows with more than 1 stick of ram installed and so i finally figured it out.had to turn up the voltage.well now if i have my seagate 400 gig hard drive hooked up.i cant get into windows.makes a couple silent clicking noises and then stops.and im stuck at a black screen.i restart go into my bios and the drive is there.but i cant get into windows.now i dont know if my hard drive is fried or what.would anyone be able to help me out here? i have alot of stuff,hard to find stuff on this drive that i NEED to have.any info would be appreciated! thanks..

also when first installed windows and actually got into windows.hard drive did work.but then this just started happening the other night after i formatted my main drive.

@BigRay :
1. Check Your PSU ! probably it's not enough power to boot your system. Don't forget to enter the BIOS first (!!) after you manage to boot up your system !. Make sure that your hard drive is recognized by the BIOS first. If it's not recognized, Turn OFF your system (Don't ...and I mean it : Don't reset the system !). Unplug the hard drive from your system and proceed to step (2)

2. Check your hard drive, see if there is anything burnt on the PCB, sometimes, the burnt parts, can easily be seen. If nothing is wrong with your PCB, connect the hard drive to an independent Power Supply unit (don't connect the Data Cable ! ). Turn hard drive on, and see or hear anything unusual, power it off immediately. It seems that either one of this problem cause such "clicking" condition :

a. PCB damage (mainly in the controller chip) as a result : the hard drive can not initiate itself in BIOS. it's a good idea if you can find ":identical" PCB (same firmware and site code) and try to do "HOT SWAP" procedure.
b. Service Area damage (No, NOT head or any mechanical problems). THe Service head used to initiate the hard drive can not read the information about it from the Service Area Surface...Most cases included bad sectors and many other things...I can not say for sure...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: