www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fried Seagate HDD Logic Board - How to upgrade Firmware....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex2549
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Fried Seagate HDD Logic Board - How to upgrade Firmware.... Reply with quote

Hello!
Please, someone would be so kind to answer to my questions?
If yes, thanks a lot in advance!

THE FACT...
- I have two HDD Seagate:
Hard Disk A: Seagate Barracuda 7200.8, 300GB, Ultra ATA, Model ST3300831A, P/N 9Y7284-301, firmware 3.02 (its Logic Board has burnt!)
Hard DIsk B: Seagate Barracuda 7200.8, 300GB, Ultra ATA, Model ST3300831A, P/N 9Y7284-301, firmware 3.03 (its Logic Board works perfectly)
- I've replaced the HDD Logic Board on unit A, from the unit B, in order to recover my data (or at least, to try to do it!), but the system doesn't detect the HDD, I think because of the different firmware version

THE QUESTIONS...
1)
may I upgrade or replace the firmware on the Logic Board of Hard Disk B, from 3.03 up to 3,02, so that to try to replace the Logic Board burnt on Hard Disk A and then to recover my data?
2)
If YES, How it can be done? What procedure it requires? (I'm unable to manage DOS language!)
3)
we suppose I'll do it... which risks I run onto damage to the Logic Board, or to the Hard Disk, or to the data?
4)
we suppose I'll do it, and in order to recover my data from Disk A, I've still upgraded or replaced the firmware on the Logic Board of the Disk B from 3.03 up to 3.02,... then I'll not be more able to use the Disk B again? Perhaps I have to replace again the old firmware on the Logic Board?
5) does it exist a 'generic' firmware with which is possible to approach to data of any Hard Disks of same model?
6) a last question (but not as "last"!)... where i can download firmwares for Seagate Barracuda 7200.8, Ultra ATA, Model ST3300831A?

A last question_
On my fried HDD Logic Board, (Seagate Barracuda, 300GB UATA, Mod. ST3300831A, fw.3.02), I see that is damaged a little component, and my guess is that it is the origin of the problem. It has diameter of about 4mm, is a round black cover which contains a small spiral with two point of connection (weldings). On the Logic Board there are, of them, three identical, and on each of them is printed the same number: '3R3'. Someone knows what it is? Someone knows where is possible to find it for purchasing?

I would be very grateful to everybody who wants to answer....
(I'm sorry for my awful english!)
Alex
cheadledatarecovery1
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly it is impossible to 'upgrade' the firmware on any hard disk. ANd for the seagate you do need an exact match to do a logic board replacement.

Also I wondered if you still had the drive with the firmware 3.03 as that is the model of drive I am currently looking for. Let me know if you have and I will purchase it from you.

All the best,
John Reid

http://www.cheadledatarecovery.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: