www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smashed ipod harddrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IPOD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Smashed ipod harddrive Reply with quote

Hi everybody. Here's a tricky one

I fell on my 40GB IPOD and dented the aluminium part. Shocked
Miraculously the IPOD kept working, but the HDD made a strange sound, like something was scratching it.
As soon as I could, I tired to download all the files that I backed up weeks before... but after 5 or 10 minutes, my Windows stopped detecting the IPOD.

No matter what I did, I couldn't make the IPOD work again.

After disasembled it, I noticed the hard cover of the HDD was dented. I successfully pulled it out with some glue and a screw.

When I conected the HDD back to the IPOD, the scratching sound disappeared, but still didnīt recognize it.

I believe the main reader (I really have no idea what is it called) moved from it's original place.

Does anybody knows how can I place it back to the original place?

I belive I can control the motor of the reader and place it back without opening the disk... any ideas?
airwrecktion
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you're prettty much scrweed man.i cant think of a way to fix it without opening it.

But if you want a new ipod, call apple up and tell them their ipod just stopped being detected on you. They will ask you if you dropped it or got it wet. you WILL answer NO to these questions. they wlil send you a new ipod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: