www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEEDED seagate 1.5 tb motor donor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
effingseagate
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: NEEDED seagate 1.5 tb motor donor Reply with quote

hey,
alright. these seagates are a total dog. two died within a week of each other and they're basically new (i.e. not even 3 months old).

had two places do diagnostics on them and they both determined that the drive motors are dead.

seagate's own proprietary repair op was one of the places to check it out but they came back with a monstrous repair price and a seriously long turn around time ($2900 a piece w/in 2 weeks...that's expedited).

another highly rated local place can do the job but needs the exact motor - which they currently can't get from their vendor.

i thought maybe i could just go buy a replacement drive and they could swap motors but they have to match up to specs below apparently:

1. model number st31500341as (this is the Barracuda 7200.11 SATA 3Gb/s 1.5-TB Hard Drive that's also put into the 1.5 tb free agent external drives)

2. within 1 week of the manufacturing date: 09355
2. firmware number: CC3H
3. motor number: GW / 46569 / AATLE / LO31

hey, if anyone out there can help, please, please let me know. if you have suggestions of places that deal in parts, etc. anything, i'd be grateful. i'm in a tough spot here.

thanks!
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
so much you had to match? please send them to me. i can do more easier & faster. please contact me by email if you interest in out service. thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
effingseagate
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction on the motor date: it just nes to read SU.

have called around some more and as i understand it, this is how the job is done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: