www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying PCB Boards Off This Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccorkled
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Buying PCB Boards Off This Site Reply with quote

Who are the best people to get boards off of? Ive got a lot of people trying to sell me parts I need but I dont know who is the best and who people here use. Some of the people say they are very well known and this and that but they only have 100 or so posts.

Whos reputable?
hddmania
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Buying PCB Reply with quote

Hey,

I am one of the many who sent you the offers. I would say go with your feeling and try to stay as local as you can. However, everyone will be selling the PCB "AS IS" since there is not much way to warranty them because the misapplication of the working PCB will kill the PCB or if you don't know how to make the replacement PCB works, customers will complain that they received a dead PCB.

Stay far away from the shipping option without any tracking.

Stay away from the one that will not warn you of a possibility that the replacement PCB may not work on your hard drive without some type of adaptive data manipulation.

Some businesses will sell you 1 PCB but will mix in 2 others that for sure will not work on your drive. You'll receive 3 PCBs with a pre-paid return postage. Seller will know which PCB will function on the customer's drive but will not tell you which one, so when the customer files an untruthful complaint, they are busted. (I don't sell PCBs like this but this is a good business model for the seller to protect themselves.)

Go with a seller who will provide you a DOA warranty. Most of us here in the US will provide you with a DOA Replacement Warranty but NO Refund. Some oversea sellers will not give you a DOA warranty!!!

Google their ebay or e-mail address to see if there is any complaints against them. Ask for the references if you don't feel comfortable with the seller.

You'll get what you paid for on a replacement PCBs. A good working PCB is not cheap. It takes time to test, take it off from a working drive and package. When you take the PCBs off of the hard drive, that drive is out of commissioin. So expect to pay about the same as the new drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: