www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My WD3200JD-22KLB0 took a dump today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedStateGuy
Posted once

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: My WD3200JD-22KLB0 took a dump today Reply with quote

WD3200JD-22KLB0 SATA I

This drive was manufactured on September 15 '05.

This is my drive on my main rig, It was almost completely full, It has all my bookmarks and pictures on it and all my document.

I put it in my 2K3 Server and chkdisk on startup just keeps saying section after section is unreadable. but when I plugged it in after it was booted (You can do that with SATA) Disk Management said it was completely empty, I try to open it an I get an error message about it not being formatted.

Is this the logic board or is the actual data corrupted? I assume it is the logic board since it stopped working when I was browsing the internet.

Western Digital is sending a new WD3200.

Can I take the platters out of the old one and put them in the new one since I assume the firm ware is going to be different?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: