www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD4000KD Woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbchew
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: WD4000KD Woes Reply with quote

I have a WD4000KD that has stopped working. It didn't make a clicking sound when I powered it up. I took the PCB off and tried testing it with a multimeter under power. After putting the PCB back on it no longer powers up. I grounded myself and was very careful, but I'm thinking the PCB is now bad, and maybe was the problem all along, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? Where can I get a PCB for this drive? The Model # is WD4000KD-00NAB0. I also have opened the case, but in an area with no air movement and only for a brief moment.
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
what model of your PCB do you want? 2060-701383-001 REVA? and since you open the hard drive. may be everything change already. i hope you no make it worse. before you take off PCB. does it spin up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mrbchew
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: PCB Reply with quote

I need 2061-701310-C00 ABD2. Yeah, it spun up ok. When I powered it up it made some whirring noises like it was trying to do something and then stopped. I don't think I could have done any damage to the drive. I had it open for all of ten seconds or so and didn't touch anything at all. I think maybe I shorted the PCB with the multimeter somehow. Do you or someone you know have the PCB I need? Thank you!
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
have this PCB in stock. but i doubt it no PCB problem. perhaps firmware even head. for this kind hard drive. head very frailness. often got head problem. please contact me by email or MSN if need any help. thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: