www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did not work for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitachi 180GXP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Did not work for me Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks alot for this great website. I tried swapping the logic board of my Hitachi 180GXP with a new logic board from a hard disk that I managed to find on Ebay.

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I was able to confirm that the problem comes from the logic board, but I guess there is a problem with the firmware or something. When I started the disk, it started buzzing (whereas with the dead logic board, the drive power on). But then I hear some sort of clicking sound, and the drive cannot be recognised in the BIOS.

Anyway, hope this is useful to you people Smile. It is time for me to call the data recovery services and pay a s***load of money...

cheers
Subzuki
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Did not work for me Reply with quote

Hmm, I wonder if the voltages are the same for both drives? It has been a while since I came across this, but I vaguely recall noticing on older drives that sometimes the voltages on the drives were different. Not very probable, but might be worth a look see anyway. Reason I suggest this is because if the hard drive is *buzzing* instead of powering on, sounds like it is not getting enough power to spin up?
Subzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: