www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need PCB for one WD2003FYYS (2TB) and four WD1002FBYS (1TB)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellesjo
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Need PCB for one WD2003FYYS (2TB) and four WD1002FBYS (1TB) Reply with quote

Powerfailure killed my disks with 4 wd1002fbys and 1 wd2003fyys. I have borrowd PCB from equal disks and can save my data, but it will cost me much to buy new disks. Is it woth it to repair the pcb on these disks? They are pretty new. I cant se any failure or burnt areas on the PCB's. All the disks spin up when I mount correct PCB so i guess the fuses/diodes saved the rest of the electronics.
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you check diode?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hellesjo
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: How to check TVS diodes? Reply with quote

I am not educated in electronics. I have a voltmeter and can do basic stuff. I understand that you measure ohm on the diodes?

The stamped PCB part numbers on the WD1002FBYS are: 2060-701567-000 REV P1, 2060-701567-000 REV A. On the white stickers on the PCB, The numbers are different: 2061-701567-400 AA, 2061-701567-400 AC, 2061-701567-400 08P,
Eric Lee
Deadharddrive regular +4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, We have this working PCB in stock, pls contact my hotmail to see if I can help or not.

Thanks, Eric
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have pic of your PCB chips side? would you like to show us? i have this PCB in stock and be able to help you do firmware transfer operation. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kit
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your drives is able to spin?
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: How to check TVS diodes? Reply with quote

[quote="hellesjo"]I am not educated in electronics. I have a voltmeter and can do basic stuff. I understand that you measure ohm on the diodes?[/quote]
Set your multimeter on the 200 ohms range and measure the resistances of R64, R67, D4 and D3 near the SATA power connector.
hellesjo
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Drives seems to be ok Reply with quote

All my drives run if I use the correct PCB from a donor drive. I have now unmounted the pcb and made som pics that I have uploaded to my live workspace: http://cid-ff63cc9d3b17659a.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=FF63CC9D3B17659A!122

On the 2 TB disc I cant see any error. On the first 1TB I took apart, there is visible damage to the smooth chip.. Is it woth it to repair these drives for using them further?
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Drives seems to be ok Reply with quote

Are you saying that your donor boards allow you to access the data on your faulty drives? If so, then that is unusual. Normally the drives will just spin up and click. Each board has unique, drive specific "adaptive" data stored in flash memory. These data need to be transferred to the donor. In your case the flash memory is internal to the Marvell MCU (88i8845E-BHY2), which makes the transfer difficult. In fact, the damage to the SMOOTH chip appears to be in the area associated with the Vcore and Vio supplies for the MCU. The SMOOTH chip controls the spindle motor, voice coil, and the onboard DC-DC converters.

Have you measured the resistances of the TVS diodes and 0 ohm resistors? Often the repair is as easy as removing a shorted diode and bridging a resistor.
hellesjo
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: the internal of the drives seems to be ok Reply with quote

Yes i can access the data on the faulty drives. Before i buy new drives I want to check the cost for repairing the drives i have.
jamehdd
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcb replacement can solved some of the drive failures by pcb error. maybe you want to have a try?

check this link: http://www.hddzone.com/wd-2060701567000-sata-lmodel-pcb-p-278.html

Hard drive failures are NOT always caused by circuit board failure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: