www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate ST3500820AS / 9BX134-505 with Firmware SD25 needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TongsBrutal
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Seagate ST3500820AS / 9BX134-505 with Firmware SD25 needed Reply with quote

I am in dire need of a controller board for a Seagate ST3500820AS / 9BX134-505 with Firmware SD25 on it. I have a drive which has fallen foul of the apparently well known firmware bug and it has rendered the drive (along with all of the data on it), useless. The drive is no longer seen in BIOS and apparently a firmware update will stop the problem reoccuring however once it's died you can't do the upgrade!?!?!?! Does anyone have another identical drive / controller card that I can swap over in an attempt to recover the data on the drive?
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: bug? Reply with quote

A board swap will not fix your problem. In fact it will only compound it.

You need to try one of the well publicised DIY procedures, or at least attempt to retrieve a terminal report from the drive.

See the "Seagate 7200.11 BSY bug and 0 LBA fix" URLs at the end of the following page:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/HDD/HDD_Capacity_FAQ.html
duketate
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Seagate ST3500820AS Firmware SD25 Reply with quote

Info on that link is useless since it addresses incorrect size reporting and not the problem that we are experiencing. In our case the drive itself is working but the controller card is dead.
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Seagate ST3500820AS Firmware SD25 Reply with quote

[quote="duketate"]In our case the drive itself is working but the controller card is dead.[/quote]
That makes no sense.

Do you mean to say that your drive's internals are OK, but the PCB is faulty?
corbingravely
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey tongs, have you actually found what you needed? If yes, please be kind to help me out too. I need this too for my old PC. I am going to make it somewhat good for my mom to use.

---------------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
dell computer support
---------------------------------------
corbingravely
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I just wanted to update here that I have found the items that I am looking for. I hope you guys will help me in the future, if I have to be needing the same thing again.

----------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
diploma of nursing online
----------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: