www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seagate barracuda 7200.7 ST340014A problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apocalypse
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: seagate barracuda 7200.7 ST340014A problem Reply with quote

My motherboard died recently and was pretty sure the hard drives still worked... little did I know, I checked to see if my 40GB seagate worked, and it didn't. It powers up, I can hear a humming if I put my ear close enough, but I don't think it's spinning.

The logic board seems to be warm to the touch. I touch the bottom of the spindle and it feels cold compared to the logic board, as well as on top of the hard drive... I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I'm guessing it could be it's just not spinning? It's not even recognized by the bios...

My family and me have a bunch of pictures and videos and stuff on it and any help would be appreciated...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: