www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate ST3200820A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jontiveros007
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Seagate ST3200820A Reply with quote

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
S/N 9QE02XX3
ST3200820A
Firmware: 3.aad
200G External HD.

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem here and I was hoping someone can be able to help me here since you all have more experience on HD. I recently bought an external 200G HD from Crap Shack (Radio Shack) as some friends came to know it. Anyways, I backed up my data into this external USB HD. It only lasted for 2 weeks when the HD didn't want to turn on at all and I didn't even touch it much, by that I mean no physical damage or anything like that. So the light on the outer case started to blink like crazy. So I called Crap Shack and even went to the store and they couldn't help me. I bought extended warranty and called the Company and they told me that Radio Shack should help me. Radio Shack wanted to replace my HD only. So I took control of the situation. I open the case, and found a 200G IDE Barracuda 7200.10 HD. So I connect the hard drive to my tower and my tower does not turn on, I said what the heck is going on. So I plug in the original HD and the computer boots up. At that point I said I'm screwed. Well I found out that the power pins on the hard drive are short. When I plug in the power cord from the little board that came with it, the light goes off, when I unplug the power cord the LED turns on. There is even some sparkling light when I put the power cord to the hard drive very carefully I can see some blue light like little lightening. I saw what you did on your website and I think that is what I need. I need to replace the board on the HD and put a new one of the same firmware of course. My HD does not spin or anything like that because there is no power coming in. I have 20G of data, that is 7 years of data, very important data that I can't afford to loose. I need everything in that HD. I did several backups but guess where they are at.....that's right.....inside the HD. Very smart haa. I constantly do images of my data everywhere but since I thought well, I bought a 200G HD that should be safe enough. You don't know how much I repent for buying that HD. I need your help, your advic, anything that can help bring my data back, lie to me if you wish but give me some sense of hope here. I'm going nuts here bro. I called lots of company's and they all charge an arm and a leg, (from $500, to $7,000) and if they don't recover data I still need to pay (from $100 to $800) depending on level of difficulty.
Can I do what you did on your website, change the board and maybe it would work, what do you all think, what would you recommend? I urge you, please help me.

Jesse
happyhappy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a little unclear to me what you are experiencing.

Its sounds like when you plug the dead drive into your tower you are unable to start up the tower, and that when its plugged into the IDE port on the USB enclosre the enclosure lights up.

If that is the case, does the drive start running? If not, its possible a logic board swap would remedy things.
vinniety
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I found this website through Google. I am having the same issue as jontiveros007 is having. I have the same issues exactly and would like to know where i can get the board so i can change it out. All the help would be appreciated.

thanks

vfabrizi@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: