www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can i replace circuit board in my wd80bb ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andres

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: can i replace circuit board in my wd80bb ? Reply with quote

the circuit board logic of the my hd wd800bb-75dka0 dead. can i replace it by circuit logic of wd800bb-00jhc0 ???
Subzuki
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: can i replace circuit board in my wd80bb Reply with quote

Is it the same model? (Protege,Caviar)
It must be the same model. Can be a larger capacity drive from the same model family.
Does it have the same C.H.S.? (Cylinders,heads,sectors)
Firmware may play a role, although I never took notice of the firmware in my situations. They may very well have been the same, but I never looked. My belief (so far) is the C.H.S.
If it has different C.H.S, I don't think it will work.
Also a *slim* chance the voltages may be different.
Subzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must match up with the right logic board and allso the firmware software of the hard drive
if you dont your have a hard drive that picks up in the bios but will not read any information of the platters because of the wrong information
oppo
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: WD800BB-75DKA0 Reply with quote

I'm looking for the same model drive. Any chance your done with it and can pass it on? My board is dead and I'm hoping to recover some data.
Thanks, Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: