www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead WD1600JS^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fin
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Dead WD1600JS^^ Reply with quote

Hi^^
Well, exactly like it happened to some other people in here - white smoke came out of my harddrive (due to the foam), it doesn't spin up anymore.
After I've read through tons of pages about changing PCB boards and talking to WD-Support (it was a nice guy though =) ), I am still no more knowledgeable.

The model of my drive is WD1600JS - 00NCB1. I've found out that "00NCB1" is the firmware version, or more precisely: 00 is the vendor code and the rest is firmware stuff.
The target PCB is: WD1600JS-58NCB1
Well, if it's just a different vendor code... will that be a problem?
Anyways, the chips do look a little bit different, at least what is printed on them.

After I've read through this forums, I've found out that the PCB number is important as well @.@
My PCB number is: 2061-701335-B00
Target one's is: 2060-701335-005

Ugh. What now? Please help me~
Pedro_Hernandez
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry to hear of your hard drive prob's, I too have a WD1600JS that smoked on me and died.

Let me know how you you get on .

My burnt Board details : Board is WD1600JS 22NCB1
PCB No. 2060-701335-005 Rev A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: