www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swapped PCB, Drive not showing up in XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackal
Posted once

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Swapped PCB, Drive not showing up in XP Reply with quote

Drive: Seagate Barricuda 200gb

Drive was clicking, I swapped the PCB with a replica, it's now recognized by BIOS and SeaTools.

However, I think paritition info is screwed up. I'm trying this free software that undeletes partitions, but it seems like it's going to take couple days to analyze the partition. I started it last night and when I woke up it was only at 4%.

Do I need to wait until it's done, or is it simply a MBR issue? It's a slaved HD, so will creating a new MBR make it recognizalbe? I dont want to lose the parition information.
wwwtux-techca
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackal,

I know it might be a bit late to answer. Probably your orinal PCB Died because of a malfunctioning parts in you HDD (Mostly motor or Head). Before using any of those recovery software a good Idea would be to make a Bit to Bit Image to a "Good Condition" Hard Drives. If your drive has under 120GB you can use the free version of Copyr if it's bigger then you can use the free DD_rescue On Linux (Simplest way is to use a Knoppix boot CD DD_rescue is already install). Then from this image you can try any software you d'like and it's not gone a take years to complete.

Regards
http://www.tux-tech.ca/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: